The Executive Carry is essentially the Executive Elite modified for carry.
It's the solution for those who prefer a smaller model 1911, but insist on complete reliability.
The slide has been reduced to the minimum possible (4.25") without significantly impairing
the legendary reliability of the 5" slide. The frame has been modified with the innovative
Ed Brown Bobtail® housing which reduces the projecting butt of the mainspring
housing without sacrificing the full size frame and magazine capacity. The Bobtail® minimizes
the print under your jacket when carrying and reduces weight. Officer's frames reduce magazine
capacity and limit grip, while keeping the projecting, sharp butt. Slides shorter than 4.25" are
notorious for reduced reliability. These problems are eliminated with the Ed Brown Commander Bobtail® configuration,
which reflects the genius of John Browning with an innovative modern flair. The functional
simplicity has yet to be matched. Unique with the Executive series pistols is the 25 LPI checkered
frame and "half checkered" Bobtail®. This pattern is not too
rough on the hands, but not too fine for a secure grip. The Executive Carry is truly at the
top of its field. Get promoted to an Executive Carry - it's a serious tool for the competent
The Executive Carry features the following:
- 4.25" Commander model slide, single stack commander Bobtail® frame. The John Browning traditional design innovatively modified for concealed carry, without significantly detracting from reliability or accuracy.
- Weight: approximately 35 ounces with an unloaded magazine inserted.
- Exclusive 25 LPI checkering on forestrap and Bobtail®.
- Optional Gen4 coating for low glare, superior rust protection, and improved wear resistance.
- Matte finished slide for low glare, with traditional "square cut" serrations on rear of slide only.
- Fixed black rear sight, red fiber optic front sight (shown with optional night sights).