Jeff Cooper Commemorative
(No longer available for sale, for historical purposes only)
We are pleased to introduce this one year only, special edition 1911 from Ed
Brown Products, Inc. in memory of the late Colonel Jeff Cooper. This commemorative 1911 is officially
endorsed by the family of Jeff Cooper, and was designed in collaboration with them to render,
as authentically as possible, what Jeff Cooper himself desired in a 1911. Over the course of
several months a number of meetings took place between the Browns, the Coopers, and many of Jeff's
closest friends. The goal was to use Jeff's personal notes and experiences to create the ideal
1911 for combat shooting and personal defense. The final product speaks for itself. If you were
to own only one 1911, this would be the one. A special leather bound copy of Jeff's famous book "Principles
of Personal Defense", will be included with the gun. A $150 value, it is a concise summary
of his teachings, and the core principles needed to defend oneself, such as alertness, aggressiveness,
and ruthlessness. A significant portion of the proceeds from this project will go to the Jeff
Cooper Legacy Foundation.
In 1958 Jeff Cooper originated the sport of practical pistol competition. From this activity he formulated the Modern Technique of the Pistol, now generally observed throughout the world. Jeff Cooper himself was active in teaching and spreading the new method throughout the Western World. In 1976 he founded the International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC). In 1977 he founded the American Pistol Institute at Gunsite in Arizona, where he resided until his death on September 25, 2006. Internationally respected as the "Gunner's Guru", Cooper's monthly column was a favorite of many readers in Guns & Ammo magazine. After having served many years as a director of the National Rifle Association of America, he was elected to the Executive Council. Jeff Cooper was a highly gifted writer and left behind a large body of writings about his thoughts and experiences. The official website of Jeff Cooper is www.jeffcooperbooks.com. There you will find a more extensive biography of the man, and a comprehensive guide to his writings.
The first Jeff Cooper Commemorative's will begin shipping on September 25, 2007, the one year anniversary of his passing. After September 25, 2008, no more will ever be available for order. Orders may be placed now, and we recommend getting your name on the list so as not to miss the opportunity to own one of these special guns commemorating a legend of our time.
The Jeff Cooper Commemorative features the following:
- Exclusive Ed Brown forged frame and slide, handfitted with precision for long lasting wear. Frame and slide are hand-polished to remove tool marks.
- 5" Government model slide, single stack government model frame. The John Browning traditional design for the ultimate in reliability and accuracy.
- Weight: approximately 38 ounces with an unloaded magazine inserted.
- All Ed Brown premium components are hand-fitted to the exclusive Ed Brown frame and slide.
- Exclusive ChainLink treatment on forestrap and mainspring housing for the ultimate in durability, secure yet snag-free grip, and extreme use.
- Integral lanyard loop mainspring housing with ChainLink.
- Matte finished slide for low glare, with traditional "square cut" serrations on rear of slide only. Jeff Cooper's signature is engraved on the ejection port side of the slide. The right hand side of the slide is inlayed "DVC" in 24 carat solid gold, which stands for the latin phrase, "Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas", meaning "Accuracy, Power, Speed". This later became the motto of IPSC.
- All sharp edges are gently and tastefully dehorned.
- Ejection port is lowered and flared for improved ejection.
- Polished feedramp, hand-fit extractor and ejector ensure feeding with high quality ammunition.
- Ed Brown premium match grade barrel and solid steel bushing for the highest accuracy.
- Ed Brown memory groove beavertail grip safety for a higher and deeper grip than any other on the market, reducing felt recoil and improves natural pointing ability, leading to better accuracy.
- Ed Brown extended (single side) tactical thumb safety, ambidextrous tactical thumb safety optional. The most ergonomic design available!
- Trigger guard is undercut to allow the knuckle to fully contact the bottom of the trigger guard as a definite stopping point, allowing a more consistent grip and thus better practical accuracy.
- Fixed Novak low mount dovetail rear sight and dovetail front sight.
- "Commander style" slotted and chamfered hammer mated precisely with Ed Brown Perfection sear and Perfection disconnector. We are the only makers who fully machine each of these critical parts from the highest quality alloy bar stock steel, making for a light trigger pull and crisp break which will last for thousands of rounds.
- Classic "Three hole style" long aluminum trigger.
- Mag catch with 40 LPI checkered button.
- Ed Brown seven round magazine with reliable steel follower. Extra magazines tested with gun optional.
- Beveled magazine well for smooth magazine changes.
- Exhibition grade Cocobolo smooth grips, with the engraved Jeff Cooper logo of the pen and sword.
- Firearm is rigorously test fired for function and accuracy.
- Ed Brown Products branded deluxe Cordura pistol rug with internal magazine pockets, and external zippered accessory pocket.
- Ed Brown Products 1911 Owner's Manual, cable lock, Ed Brown Firearm Lubricant #960, and all necessary wrenches.
- A limited edition, leather bound copy of "Principles of Personal Defense" - over $150 value!
- Retail Price: $2,295.