(No longer available for sale, for historical purposes only)
We are pleased to introduce a one year only, limited edition 1911 from Ed
Brown Products, Inc. in collaboration with Krypteia Strategies, the civilian division of the
highly respected Paratus Consulting Group. This limited edition 1911 is called the "Krypteia
pronounced "Cryp TIE ya", and is built according to Krypteia Strategies specifications. This
limited edition will be available to order from August 11, 2014 through August 11, 2015.
Krypteia Strategies works closely with current Military and Law Enforcement units to ensure that their training and skill sets are unmatched when they step foot on the battlefield. Krypteia gathered information, feedback and opinions from Tier 1 operational units in Military and Law Enforcement in order to help spec out a handgun that would outperform anything else on the market.
Krypteia Strategies has chosen the specs for this pistol based on the needs of the modern operator. Every part of this handgun is specifically designed to be utilized in today's operational environments by today's leading operators. Krypteia has taken the classic design of the 1911 and enhanced it with the options that matter most to the modern day operator. From the oversized magwell for faster, more consistent reloads, the aggressive Chainlink II pattern on the grip that is perfect for gloved or wet hands, and the front and rear serrated slide for press checks and hasty return to battery, this pistol has everything needed to be utilized in combat theaters around the globe.
The Krypteia Edition features the following:
- 5" Government model slide, single stack government model frame, 45 ACP. The John Browning traditional design for the ultimate in reliability and accuracy.
- Weight: approximately 38 ounces with an unloaded magazine inserted.
- Exclusive Chainlink II treatment on forestrap and mainspring housing for the ultimate in durability, secure grip, and extreme use.
- Gen4 bronze coating for low glare, superior rust protection, and improved wear resistance.
- Ledge style U-notch plain black rear sight with .156 notch, for fast aquisition of close targets. Fixed dovetail front night sight with high visibility white outlines.
- Front and rear cocking serrations on slide.
- Krypteia shield logo engraved on right hand side of slide behind cocking serrations. Krypteia Edition engraved on left hand side of slide.
- Ed Brown magwell.
- VZ Operator II black grips with thumb relief cut.
- All parts fully machined from bar stock or forgings for maximum durability and the ultimate in precision fitting.
- Retail price: $3,095