SHERIFF JIM WILSON SPECIAL
(No longer available for sale, for historical purposes only)
We are pleased to introduce the first special edition 1911 from Ed Brown Products, Inc. in collaboration with Sheriff Jim Wilson. This special edition 1911 is called the Sheriff Jim Wilson Special, and is based on our popular Executive Elite series, with a few enhancements as per Jim Wilson's specifications.
Sheriff Jim Wilson brings a lifetime of practical law enforcement and shooting experience to the table. During his long and successful career he has served as patrolman, detective sergeant, narcotics sergeant, administrative lieutenant, jail commander, and finally chief deputy. He served two terms as elected sheriff from 1989-1996 in Crockett county Texas. After retiring from duty at the end of 1996, Jim began to write articles for various gun magazines, and in 1997 became an exclusive writer for the reputable Shooting Times magazine. Having carried and used the 1911 pistol for so long in the line of duty, Jim has developed some solid, proven ideas about what a fighting gun needs to be. In Jim's view, the 1911's built by Ed Brown Products, Inc. are the embodiment of those ideas. In the race for more gadgets like rails, lights, and lasers, these pistols stand above as a tribute to what a pure fighting gun should be. "Long ago, I came to realize that this company had a serious commitment to building quality firearms" says Jim Wilson, "their selection of only the best materials, minimum tolerances, and proper fitting, ensures the shooter of having the best firearm possible".
The Jim Wilson Special has everything you need, and nothing you don't. It's a no-nonsense firearm, and the elegant design has a beautiful simplicity that has yet to be matched. Unique with the Executive series and the Jim Wilson Special is the 25 LPI checkered frame. This pattern is not too rough on the hands, but not too fine for a secure grip. The timeless design reflects the genius of John Browning with modern flair. The Jim Wilson Specials have a few enhancements to our basic Executive Elite model, as per the preferences of Sheriff Jim Wilson. The enhancements include an arched mainspring housings with deep cut grooves, a plain black Novak rear sight with front night sight, and Tru-Ivory grips. The slide has a special "Sheriff Jim Wilson" signature engraving. This special model will only be available for a limited time.
The Jim Wilson Special features the following:
Exclusive Ed Brown forged frame and slide, handfitted with precision for long lasting wear. Frame and slide are hand-polished to remove tool marks.
• 5" Government model slide, single stack government model frame. The John Browning traditional design for the ultimate in reliability and accuracy.
• Weight: approximately 38 ounces with an unloaded magazine inserted.
• All Ed Brown premium components are hand-fitted to the exclusive Ed Brown frame and slide.
• Exclusive 25 LPI checkering on forestrap.
• Arched mainspring housing with deep vertical grooves.
• Matte finished slide for low glare, with traditional "square cut" serrations on rear of slide only. Sheriff Jim Wilson signature is engraved in slide.
• All sharp edges are gently and tastefully dehorned.
• Ejection port is lowered and flared for improved ejection.
• Polished feedramp, hand-fit extractor and ejector ensure feeding with high quality ammunition.
• Ed Brown premium match grade barrel and solid steel bushing for the highest accuracy.
• Ed Brown memory groove beavertail grip safety for a higher and deeper grip than any other on the market, reducing felt recoil and improves natural pointing ability, leading to better accuracy.
• Ed Brown extended (single side) tactical thumb safety, ambidextrous tactical thumb safety optional. The most ergonomic design available!
• Trigger guard is undercut to allow the knuckle to fully contact the bottom of the trigger guard as a definite stopping point, allowing a more consistent grip and thus better practical accuracy.
• Fixed Novak low mount dovetail rear sight in plain black. Front sight is a dovetail Novak night sight with green tritium bulb, as per Jim's specifications, to allow what Jeff Cooper called the "flash sight picture". The single dot gives a quick reference to the location of the front sight and allows the shooter to get a shot off much faster in a close range combat situation, even in low light.
• "Commander style" slotted and chamfered hammer mated precisely with Ed Brown Perfection sear and Perfection disconnector. We are the only makers who fully machine each of these critical parts from the highest quality alloy bar stock steel, making for a light trigger pull and crisp break which will last for thousands of rounds.
• Classic "Three hole style" long aluminum trigger.
• Mag catch with 40 LPI checkered button.
• Ed Brown seven round magazine with reliable steel follower. Extra magazines tested with gun optional.
• Beveled magazine well for smooth magazine changes.
• Tru-Ivory smooth grips, slightly aged. Jim's personal favorite, which pay tribute to the history of great lawmen who served along the Mexican border.
• Ed Brown Products branded deluxe Cordura pistol rug with internal magazine pockets, and external zippered accessory pocket.
• Ed Brown Products 1911 Owner's Manual, cable lock, and all necessary wrenches.
• Retail Price: $2295. Ambi safety model $2370.