CHAMPION MOLON LABE 1911
(No longer available for sale, for historical purposes only)
We are pleased to introduce a limited edition 1911 from Ed Brown Products, Inc. in collaboration with Dave Champion. This special edition 1911 is called the "Champion Molon Labe 1911", and is built according to Dave's specifications.
Dave Champion has 30 years of experience in the firearms training community, and is a certified law enforcement handgun and sub-machine gun instructor. Dave is a former U.S. Army Airborne Ranger, with a law enforcement background. He has also worked as a bounty hunter. Over the years Dave has taught firearms skills to military, law enforcement, and civilians. He operated his own firearms school in California for years and currently teaches firearms and tactics at the largest firearms training academy in the nation. Dave is known for his commitment to the 1911 handgun. In his many years working with the 1911, Dave has seen every variable and permutation; what works and what doesn't. The Champion Molon Labe 1911 is the result of those many years of testing. Whether it be for personal carry, on-going training, or home defense, the Champion Molon Labe 1911 cannot be beat! Dave Champion is also the host of the Dave Champion Show, a conservative talk radio show that often discusses the Right To Keep and Bear Arms, as well as firearms training.
A personal message from Dave Champion...
A handgun tends to be a more personal weapon because we carry it daily. Quality handguns are just too expensive to keep purchasing until you find the right one. A large part of your confidence, comfort, and expertise with a handgun is tied to selecting the right pistol. In order to help you select one handgun you can count on in every situation, I have teamed up with firearms manufacturer Ed Brown Products. Ed Brown Products is now offering the Champion/Molon Labe 1911 pistol. The Champion/Molon Labe pistol is a fighting tool! It is the product of more than 100 years of firearms evolution, coupled with Ed Brown Product's advanced technology and top-quality craftsmanship. Not only is this pistol a top-of-the-line uniquely American fighting tool, but it is hand-built to my specifications - specifications that are the result of my 30 years of experience with combat firearms and training. It is the pistol I carry. You can purchase this pistol with the assurance that you will never need to buy another (though you may love it so much you decide you want another)! And you're buying it from an American family business that manufacturers the components and assembles your pistol right here in the good ol' US of A!
Here are the attributes of this outstanding fighting pistol:
• The classic 1911 design, 5" Government model.
• Hand fit and assembled by master pistolsmiths.
• Front and rear cocking serrations.
• The famous Greek phrase "Molon Labe" in Greek letters, laser engraved on the left side of the slide. Translated as "Come and Take Them", it is a classical expression of defiance, and is similar to the phrase "From my cold dead hands". It was written by Plutarch that King Leonidas of the Spartans replied "Molon Labe" in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans lay down their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C. Since then, Molon labe has frequently been used by many leaders in order to express an army's or nation's determination to not surrender.
• "Champion" laser engraved on the right side of the slide under the ejection port.
• Custom G10 grips.
• Ed Brown's custom snakeskin treatment on the front strap and mainspring housing for both comfort and a rock-solid grip in any situation (without chewing up your hands in long hours/days of training).
• Tritium front night sight. Having tritium only in the front sight allows for faster and more reflexive close quarters response in low-light situations.
• Wide (.156) notch, plain black rear sight by 10-8 Performance. The wide notch provides faster front sight acquisition at typical handgun fighting distances. It's also great for older shooters whose eyes may not be quite as sharp as they once were. The rear of the sight is serrated to prevent glare across the back of the rear sight.
• Solid aluminum trigger.
• Slide stop is serrated on bottom, which matches serrations on top of slide stop.
• Ed Brown's famous high-rise beavertail grip safety with memory grooves.
• Ed Brown Maxi-well magazine funnel for rapid magazine changes - because at pistol fighting distances time matters.
• Single side thumb safety is standard, ambi safety optional so you can shoot effectively with either hand.
• Pistol is finished with Ed Brown's high quality black "Gen III" coating for appearance and wear resistance.
• Retail price: $2595
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks." -- Thomas Jefferson