Introducing the E9, the first full size frame in the Evolution series. Optimized for the 9mm caliber, the E9 is smaller, thinner, and lighter than the Executive Commander. The E9 retains 100% 1911 controls and handling characteristics, and makes use of standard 1911 magazines. Some parts were completely re-designed to take advantage of modern improvements such as the new external extractor, easy-to-change front sight, smaller "Tactical Edge" rear sight, bull barrel, and a flat wire recoil spring system. The re-engineered slide has been shortened to 4", thinned substantially for weight reduction, and includes a unique 7-top custom cut, with special front and rear serrations.
Completely hand built with fully machined parts, and backed by our Lifetime Warranty, with all the quality you expect from Ed Brown, but with a ground-breaking price tag, fully equipped!
Barrel Length: 4"
Overall Length: 7.5"
Overall Height: 5.5"
Slide Thickness: .860"
Weight: approximately 35 ounces with an unloaded magazine inserted
• Model: EVO-E9
• 4" slide, thinned substantially for weight reduction.
• Single stack frame.
• Exclusive 25 LPI checkering on forestrap and magwell housing housing.
• 7-top custom cut slide with special front and rear serrations.
• External extractor.
• Easy to change black front sight.
• Smaller, redesigned "Tactical Edge" U-notch rear sight.
• Bull barrel.
• Guide rod with flat wire recoil spring system.
• Custom options included: one-piece blended, flush barrel with recessed crown.
• No changes are allowed in order to maintain manufacturing efficiencies, but consistent with the “Evolution” concept, we will be varying the configurations from batch to batch, which will lead to a proliferation of different versions. You will be sure to find something you love.