Introducing the KC9, the first model in the new Evolution series from Ed Brown. The KC9 pays homage to the Kobra Carry, which took the industry by storm nearly 20 years ago, and has now become the iconic standard for a high end custom 1911, with its revolutionary Ed Brown Bobtail®, stainless steel base, and Snakeskin treatment.
Optimized for the 9mm caliber, the KC9 inherits those same characteristics, yet is smaller, thinner, and lighter. The KC9 retains 100% 1911 controls and handling characteristics, and makes use of standard 1911 magazines, and standard 1911 grips with the Ed Brown Bobtail® cut, which are now a standard offering among major grip makers. Some parts were completely re-designed to take advantage of modern improvements such as the new external extractor, easy-to-change front sight, smaller "Tactical Edge" rear sight, bull barrel, and a flat wire recoil spring system. The re-engineered slide has been shortened to 4", thinned substantially for weight reduction, and includes a unique 7-top custom cut, with special front and rear serrations. A recessed slide stop completes the package, making for the perfect custom 9mm 1911.
Completely hand built with fully machined parts, and backed by our Lifetime Warranty, with all the quality you expect from Ed Brown, but with a ground-breaking price tag, fully equipped!
Barrel Length: 4"
Overall Length: 7.500"
Overall Height: 5.350"
Slide Thickness: .860"
Weight: approximately 34 ounces with an unloaded magazine inserted
• 4" slide, thinned substantially for weight reduction.
• Single stack Bobtail® frame.
• Exclusive Snakeskin treatment on forestrap and Bobtail® housing.
• 7-top custom cut slide with special front and rear serrations.
• External extractor.
• Easy to change orange HD XR front night sight.
• Smaller, redesigned "Tactical Edge" U-notch rear sight.
• Bull barrel.
• Guide rod with flat wire recoil spring system
• Custom options included: recessed slide stop, flush barrel with recessed crown.
• No changes are allowed in order to maintain manufacturing efficiencies, but consistent with the “Evolution” concept, we will be varying the configurations from batch to batch, which will lead to a proliferation of different versions. You will be sure to find something you love.